ARCHITECTURALCONTROL AND PLANNING COMMITTEE
Virginia City Highlands Property Owners’ Association
Members: Bill Lewis, Bob Moore, Gene Glazier, SueReynolds, Rita Lumos
Minutes, August 2, 2011
I. The meeting was called to order at 7:30 pmby Chairman Bill Lewis. Members present were Lewis, Glazier, and Lumos.
II. Since Lumos was absent from the July meeting and Reynolds wasnot present, there were no minutes available for the July meeting.
III. New Business
A. Planswere reviewed in the order of appearance:
1. David Cunningham presented an application to paint the fence at 21875Adobe Road, Lot 35, Block G. The paint sample presented is called LightRaffia, which the Cunninghams asserted is the same color as the fence on theadjoining lot. The color looked very light to the committee. Approval wasdelayed until a field inspection could be done.
2. Allen Byers and Renee Clark presented an application to add acover to an existing deck at 1650 Empire Road, Lot 71, Block M. The cover willmatch the existing house colors and roofing material (gray siding, blackcomposition roof). The plan was approved. No fee was applicable.
3. Meg and Allen Valiquet presented an application to add a cover toan existing deck on the east side of their residence at 2140 Conestoga Road, Lot57, Block K. The colors and roofing will match the existing house. The planwas approved. No fee was applicable.
4. Zeke Florio appeared to confirm that the colors for a newresidence at 2140 Hermit Road, Lot 269, Block M, which had been approved at theJune 2011 meeting were acceptable. He also applied to build a 4’X8’ pump housewhich will match the previously approved residence and shed. The previousapplication proposed to build a wood post and rail fence around the developedportion of the lot. He requested permission to increase the fencing to thecircumference of the property. The application was approved. No further feeswere necessary.
5. Michael Wade presented an application for a 10’ X 12” shed on theeast side of his lot at 21800 Adobe Road, Lot 54, Block H. The shed will be ametal shed on a concrete slab, painted to match the existing house siding androof. The plan was approved. A fee of $30 was charged, to be paid at thenext meeting.
IV. Since there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned at8:45 pm.
Rita Lumos, Member